The ’r kids Family Center is licensed by the State of Connecticut, Department of Children and Families and offers a full range of adoption services, including home study and license approval; pre-adoption training that promotes planful decision-making; coordination and assistance in locating available children; and post-placement supervision and completion of the legal process to finalize your adoption.
Adoptive Family Support Services
Recognizing that adoption is not a singular event for a family, but a lifelong process, ’r kids Family Center provides a wide array of educational programs, recreational activities, referral information and adult and children’s groups specifically addressing the needs and interests of adopted children and their families.
- Responsive, adoption-specific mental health counseling, referrals and clinical recommendations
- On-site and community-based programs
- Support groups and educational programs for adoptive parents and children
- C.A.S.E certified W.I.S.E. UP curriculum trainers for both foster and adopted children 5-17 years old. http://adoptionsupport.org
- Library of adoption / foster care-specific materials including books, audio, videotapes and DVD’s, etc.
- Meeting space for group meetings and family activities
- New groups developed in response to families’ needs and interests
Adoption-Specific Training and Consultation
In addition to the core services offered to families and children, training and consultation for service providers, educators and clinicians is available through the ’r kids Family Center on a broad range of topics related to permanency planning, foster care and adoption. New programming is always being developed and incorporated based on best practices and community request.